Jun 9, 2011

LUPE FIASCO: Obama Biggest American Terrorist

Obama a terrorist? Lupe Fiasco on politics and music
Rapper, producer Lupe Fiasco is not shy about offering his political views. “My fight against terrorism, to me, the biggest terrorist is Obama in the United States of America,” the rapper stated on “What’s Trending.”

Fiasco was responding to a question from host Shira Lazar about political content in his popular rap albums. He continued, “For me, I’m trying to fight the terrorism that’s causing the other forms of terrorism. You know the root cause of terrorists is the stuff the U.S. government allows to happen. The foreign policies that we have in place in different countries that inspire people to become terrorists.”

Fiasco’s extreme political views are partly what fuels his rap and intrigues his 600,000 Twitter followers. On a track from new album, “Lasers,” he raps, “Limbaugh is a racist, Glenn Beck is a racist, Gaza Strip was getting burned, Obama didn’t say sh-t, That’s why I ain’t vote for him, next one either….”

In fact, Fiasco told Shira that voting is meaningless. “I don’t vote. No I don’t vote. I don’t get involved in politics. It’s meaningless. To be honest,” he said. “If I’m going to say I stand behind this person and write on a piece of paper that says, ‘yeah I stand for this person,’ then I have to take responsibility for everything he does cause that’s just who I am as a human being. So politicians aren’t going to do that because I don’t want you to bomb some village in the middle of nowhere.”

Of course, as a rapper Fiasco intends to get listeners attention with his lyrics and anti-establishment stance. When asked by Stephen Colbert about the politics on the “Lasers,” he stated his credo or political philosophy: “You should criticize power even if you agree with it.”

Fiasco has also always been passionate about using his platform for social good. He spoke about being involved in projects like Summit on the Summit and a new charity he launched around education with his sister in his hometown of Chicago. He also devotes his time his online book club that meets via UStream and at the #Readers on Twitter. For more go to lupefiasco.com or follow him on Twitter @LupeFiasco

post by: wearechangenewjersey.com

No comments: