Apr 6, 2011

NEW WORK BY JOE:01

Words from Joe:01
I'm taking a little bit of a new direction. This is something I've been wanting to do for quite some time and have just been experimenting, preparing, playing...trying to find how to make it work. One of the most important aspects of a stencil is the photo it began as. I've had this idea of taking the stencil and placing it back insid...e the photograph. Placing it in an environment and telling a story.



So I've been shooting analog, medium format film with my Holga in anticipation of trying this. And this is the first piece turned out. It's a combination of a photograph taken of me, along with a photo I took at the abandoned area of Hilltop not far from me. I'm creating shadow boxes for these so I can create depth as you see with this one. I'm very excited about the possibilities with this. And I plan on continuing with it for awhile...



www.joeiurato.com

No comments: