Apr 1, 2010

THE SUMMONS (Flash Back 2006)

I was commissioned to do a mural for a music video on Sept....30th
2006. At 12 PM me and the video director Efrain arrived at the
location in Hoboken NJ. There was a wall that I had to paint white
before sketching the design. Everything was cool until I started to
spray the wall... No lie, 4 minutes into the sketch the cops rolled up.



We had permits for the video shoot and for the wall. But you know
cops...they had to call it in just to see if we had any warrants out there. Then another cop rolled up. Seems they find out the wall didn’t belong to Hoboken so they called the Weehawken cops to find out but they don’t know either. Before you know it, Transit Authority and Hudson County cops showed up.. About 20 minutes went by and
still nobody knew what county the wall belonged to. Holy shit! I said. They called in the captain. He came down, pissed off! He asked who had organized this video shoot?
My boy shows him the permits, and snatches the papers off his hands. He then looked at us and yells “Arrest them.” An officer turns towards and tell us turn around and put your hands on our back. Damn! That fucked my whole day up.
We got arrested at 3 o'clock and got out at 9:40 PM. We had summonses, tickets and court dates.
Thank God I had no warrants out there. If so, I would have been fucked, son. But that’s the graff game for you. On the reals.


No comments: