Mar 20, 2011

EXCLUSIVE SOEM INTERVIEW




UB. What do u write? and where are u from?
SOEM-ONER. BARCELONA ( SPAIN )

UB. What crews do you rep?
BLOOD LINE, SILVER CAPS AND THE PUBLIC ANIMALS

UB. What got you into graff?
I got myself into graff after watching the Wildstyle movie and after having a look at the Subway Art book. I started looking for some graffitis in my city and I met some writers. In 1987 I painted my first graff in my neighborhood.

UB. Is Graffiti big in your City? and are u a big part of it?
Barcelona is a graff reference point in Europe. It's one of the most active cities. I am part of it because I've always been there.



UB. Any crazy graff stories?
Every time I go painting is an adventure because you never know what it's going to happen, but one of the stories, not crazy but stupid, it happened one day when I came back from painting by car;I had red paint stains on my hands; there was a checkpoint and the police ask me for the papers. When they saw my stained hands, they thought it was blood. They started to call more police and searched my car since I could prove it was paint and not blood!!!

UB. Where has graffiti taken you besides your city?
To different cities in Spain, in Europe and in the USA



UB. Have you ever been arrested for graff?
I've never been arrested but I am often fined

UB. What do you think about legal walls?
Legal walls are ok because it allows you to paint in the centre of town. Luckily we have a lot of illegal walls near rivers or in deserted factories where the police don't go and we can be calm.






UB. Besides graffiti I know you rock the mic can you tell us more about that?
Yeah, I'm MC with DA KBJ ( from Gambia ). We made up a hip-hop reggae band called
"Tu Peor Adikcion" in the 2004. Since there we've never stopped working hard: concerts, demos and album. At present, we are working on a new album for this year with the featurings of musicians such as IVAN DURBAN ( MatarĂ³. Spain ), KOLLEY SUMBUNDU (Gambia), JUAN MAC CREW (Paris, France ) and MC's such as GUNGEE VEX (Gambia).



UB. Not only your a graff writer & a MC but your also a producer?
.Well, we could say that I take the responsibility for our band "Tu Peor Adikcion" concerning the production, recording, edition and mixing. I produced for some graffiti videos or other MC's as well.


UB. Do you use your graff name or do you go under a different name for your music?
SOEM is my graff name and OROS for music. Why? Because OROS was very known in my neighborhood.

UB. Where can we get a sample of your music?
To see graffitis:
www.soemsystem.com
For music:
www.reverbnation.com


UB. Any last words or shout-outs to the haters and fans?
I will always be doing what I like; I will continue being who I am and being where I am.
A big hug for BLOOD LINE, SILVER CAPS, BRE & JUAN MAC CREW and SUEWORK for this Interview.

Interview by Sueworks

No comments: